Are you a software developer wanting to use your skills for Jesus?
MediaWorks is looking for software developers to further the work of creating LightNet, an online product that will enable ministries to: run their own media distribution platforms; share media with each other in a decentralised way; and quickly create interactive community websites and webapps.
By joining our experienced but small development team as we move to the second iteration, you will help provide ministries with this digital tool. Be part of communicating God's love to least reached people groups in the languages and context of their communities in new ways.
We are using the following technologies:
- Cloud Infrastructure and Infrastructure as Code tools
- Docker, Linux
- Continuous integration and delivery pipeline
- Automated testing tools
Clayton, Jamie and Daniel
What you would be working on
We are building a highly decentralised system that has a couple of components. Depending on your interests and skills, you can work with the primary focus on the front-end, back-end or infrastructure aspect. We are not only building a content management system (CMS) but also a generic front-end that is highly configurable by the ministries using it. For example: library.mediaworks.global and nadija.org.
Some ministries will need a fully customised front-end. We are building the system in an agile way and will adapt our focus and direction depending on the use cases of the local ministries.
Our focus for the coming year includes:
- Federation (sharing of media from one LightNet instance to an other instance)
- Engagement and community (interactivity, such as chat or forums)
- Understanding of and compliance with OM core values and statement of faith
- A few years of work experience in the industry
- Familiarity with some of the above-mentioned technologies
- Team player who is willing to learn, adapt and work on an international hybrid team
- Good communication skills, able to communicate in English
It is possible to work in Stockerau (Austria) or remotely from anywhere in the world with good Internet connection. At a reasonable charge, on-site team accommodation in Austria may be available.
Salaries for full-time OM workers are not provided by the organisation but through individual support raising. There is also the possibility to offer your time on a voluntary basis.
We would love to have a (digital) coffee and talk!